From: Wolfgang Liebich <Wolfgang.Liebich@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] What is the best (i.e. most painless) PCI express graphics card for office use?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:16:47
1 Hi,
2 My new office PC has an on board intel adapter (945GZ), which cannot
3 cope with the SUN GDM-5410 workstation monitor I want to plug in. So I
4 have the option to buy a PCI express graphics card which can accept
5 custom modelines.
6 I'm searching for a card which is maxmimal painless. 3D performance is
7 not an issue, 2D performance IS. Power usage should be low (I do NOT
8 want the fans running at max speed on the slightes provocation :-).
9 On my *old* LinuxPC I have a Matrox G200, which could cope with the GDM
10 monitor - but my new PC has no AGP slot anymore. So I'm asking for
11 recommendations...
12 Ciao,
13 Wolfgang
14 --