From: "Elaine C. Sharpe" <elaine@×××××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Dual Boot Partitions
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:45:36
1 In linux.gentoo.user, you wrote:
2 > On Sunday 27 February 2011 19:35:55 walt wrote:
3 >
4 >> I've used this product several times with perfect results (so far):
5 >>
6 >> http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
7 >>
8 >> Of course if you already have a working linux machine you can install
9 >> gparted and use it that way to move, resize and create partitions.
10 >> Very easy and almost painless.
11 >
12 > Gparted is indeed pretty; I use it often to get a picture of the partition
13 > layout (I boot from System Rescue CD: http://www.sysresccd.org/). However,
14 > it leaves partitions in the wrong order if you insert one before another.
15 > Fdisk is ideal for fixing that:
16 >
17 > $ fdisk /dev/sda
18 > x
19 > f
20 > w
21 >
22 > Job done.
23 >
24 > --
25 > Rgds
26 > Peter
27
28 I love systemrescuecd, it's saved my butt many times. Customizing it for
29 my own use was my introduction to gentoo.
32 caveat utilitor