From: "Thiago Lüttig" <tluttig@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problems with kde and NIS/NFS users
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2007 23:47:09
1 Hi folks. I have an gentoo-desktop box, with kde-3.5.5 running under
2 2.6.18kernel. Last week, I upgraded the kernel to the
3 2.6.20 version, and the kde takes a whole eternity to start, and another to
4 run any program. I use nis(ypbind) and nfs(the home folders) to log on my
5 network. The console show no error or warning messages after the startx
6 program, only the "Starting KDE...". The xorg.log doesn't show nothing about
7 Drivers error or something about the hardware. I downgraded the kernel
8 versions until reach back my 2.6.18-r2 kernel, and it worked. So, any kernel
9 above 2.6.18, seems to "crash" my kde. I tried to add an local user to my
10 box and when I start the KDE logged as local user, everything works fine :(.
11 I get another box, the same model, hardware, etc... and installed a fresh
12 gentoo, with kde, and my nis/nfs mappings. Guess what ? KDE doesn' wok !!!
13 :O. And, just to confirm, an local user on the fresh gentoo, starts kde
14 normally. What could be happening. My NIS/NFS server is a gentoo
15 2.6.10-hardened-r3 with nfs-utils 1.0.6-r6. Any help is welcome !! :)
16
17 Thanx
18 --
20