From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost "middle click opens links" in KDE/Firefox combo - anyone else?
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2020 09:07:24
1 On Thursday, 30 January 2020 05:41:34 GMT Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > Yesterday afternoon, and for the last ??? years, I could be using
4 > Firefox, within KDE and with a Logitech M560[1] mouse, middle click on a
5 > link and a new tab would open containing the link.
6
7 Yes, middle-click would paste a URL and FF would load it. This has been the
8 behaviour of FF for as long as I can think on different desktops, not just
9 Plasma/KDE.
12 > I did an "emerge world", which included some KDE stuff, but not
13 > Firefox, last night and this morning, this functionality is now gone.
14 > Has anyone else got this problem or come across it being mentioning in
15 > their wanderings of the web?
16 >
17 > Any thoughts greatly appreciated,
18 >
19 > Andrew
26 > [1] https://tinyurl.com/u9vxqdy
27
28 I can confirm I can't paste with the middle button and navigate to a URL in FF
29 or Falkon, but I don't know what has caused this. From what I recall Chromium
30 never worked, while FF always did.
31 --
32 Regards,
33