From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] iptables-1.8.1 build failure
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 11:52:41
1 On Wed, 24 Oct 2018 10:29:03 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > Today's update of iptables to 1.8.1 failed here because I didn't have
4 > USE=nftables set. After setting that in package.use it was fine. Before
5 > I submit a bug report, though, I'd like to understand one thing:
6 >
7 > $ grep nftables $(equery w iptables)
8 > IUSE="conntrack ipv6 netlink nftables pcap static-libs"
9 > nftables? (
10 > nftables? (
11 > nftables? ( net-misc/ethertypes )
12 > $(use_enable nftables)
13 > use nftables && emake -C iptables xtables-config-parser.h
14 > if use nftables; then
15 >
16 > Shouldn't that IUSE entry be enough to pull in nftables?
17
18 No, IUSE simply lists the USE flags relevant to the ebuild. The
19 dependencies are set in DEPEND, which contains
20
21 nftables? (
22 sys-devel/flex
23 virtual/yacc
24 )
25
26 It sounds like nftables should be in there too. this is with 1.8.0-r1,
27 which is the latest I have here after syncing at 0720 today.
31 Neil Bothwick
32
33 Q: Why is top-posting evil?
34 A: backwards read don't humans because