From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] external SSD problem
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 06:57:21
1 Am 28.05.2013 22:39, schrieb Paul Hartman:
2
3 > You can maybe also post it to the linux-usb mailing list
4 > (linux-usb@×××××××××××.org), I think there is at least one person
5 > there who works exclusively on XHCI stuff in the kernel.
6 >
7 > You might also want to check if there are any firmware updates for the
8 > USB3 chipset on your motherboard. lspci should reveal the chipset. My
9 > old motherboard had a flaky USB3 chipset (Renesas/NEC) that could only
10 > be updated from Windows, so I never bothered with updating it, but
11 > there are some that are updatable from within linux or from a DOS boot
12 > disk.
13
14 A bit different topic but similar: I get problems with using a PL2303
15 usb-to-serial-adapter lately. Same issue on thinkpad and main desktop pc
16 so that might not be the chipset.
17
18 Something like this:
19
20 http://www.geekdevs.com/2010/04/solved-unable-to-enumerate-usb-device-disabling-ehci_hcd/
21
22 disabling ehci_hcd disabled my keyboard as well so that is no solution ;-)
23
24 Maybe I didn't fully understand how to do that ... anyone in here
25 already solved that?
26
27 I use that pl2303 to access embedded PCs like ALIX or WRAP to configure
28 routers/firewalls ... it would be great to have that available on my
29 thinkpad again.
30
31 Stefan