From: CJ Keist <cj.keist@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Gentoo glibc-2.3.2 install help
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 20:39:01
1 Hello all,
2 First time user of Gentoo. We're wanting to run Matlab R14 SP2
3 64bit mode. According to Matlab site they support the Linux kernel
4 2.6.x and glibc-2.3.2. Non of the current linux distro (i.e. Fedora)
5 has that old of glibc. So looking at Gentoo thinking I can build the
6 Gentoo system based on glibc-2.3.2.
7 I'm doing a stage 1 install, and not quite understanding this
8 portage tree stuff. I have tried to put the following in
9 /etc/portage/package.mask:
10
11 >=sys-libs/glibc-2.3.3
12
13 and /etc/portage/package.unmask
14
15 =sys-libs/glibc-2.3.2-r12
16
17 but bootstrapping the system is failing with deps on glibc newer than
18 what I want. Am I going about this wrong????
23 C. J. Keist Email: cj.keist@××××××××××××××.edu
24 UNIX/Network Manager Phone: 970-491-0630
25 Engineering Network Services Fax: 970-491-5569
26 College of Engineering, CSU
27 Ft. Collins, CO 80523-1301
28
29 All I want is a chance to prove 'Money can't buy happiness'
30 --
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list