From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: --depclean wants to remove openrc. Yikes!
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2021 11:54:23
1 On Mon, 2 Aug 2021 at 12:01, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > This caused me to make a mental note to always pipe the output from com-
3 > mand "emerge --depclean" into "less". However, this didn't work. There
4 > was only a single package to be removed causing "less" to simply termin-
5 > ate without further action, but "emerge" just stalled and never asked me
6 > whether or not to continue.
7 >
8 > Any thoughts about how to solve this?
9
10 Depends what you were trying to solve when piping to less. I would run
11 --depclean --ask or --depclean --pretend. Personally, I often have
12 packages installed temporarily with --oneshot, so I run depclean with
13 pretend, and then just emerge -C <list of packages I don't want to
14 keep copied directly from the depclean output>
15
16 Regards,
17 Arve