From: Laurence Perkins <lperkins@×××××××.net>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] About to have fiber internet and need VPN info
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2022 16:22:08
3 >> Thank goodness I don't live in the good ol' US of A. The land of the
4 >> free? Hm...
5 >
6 >We still have the protections introduced by the EU. Let's hope the government aren't about to tear them up... oh, they are.
7
8 America has been slowly going fascist for coming up on 100 years now. That's what happens when you let your government run your schools and teach most of the children that the government is staffed by saints who only want to keep kids out of the coal mines and prevent businesses from poisoning their customers.
9
10 But the incompetent bungling surrounding the whole COVID mess seems to have a lot of people waking up to the fact that the clowns in charge don't even know what parts of the economy actually are "essential", and are more interested in maintaining their own power and status than actually being helpful.
11
12 So we'll see what happens as the food and fuel shortages keep rolling in.
13
14 LMP