From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Where's my wireless AP?
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 22:08:16
1 Last night I was connected wirelessly to my access point and all worked fine.
2 Well, towards the end the connection was bobbing up and down as far as my
3 unreliable broadcom NIC is concerned (nothing wrong with the router). I
4 decided to shut it down and go to bed.
5
6 Today the AP is just not there! Not there as far as this stupid broadcom
7 wireless NIC is concerned. The same machine booted into MSWindows has no
8 problem seeing the AP and associating with it. Another laptop can also see
9 the AP and connect to it.
10
11 How come the broadcom cannot see it in Gentoo, but it can see all the
12 neighbours APs which have a much weaker signal and even associate and get an
13 IP address from one of them?! I am lost as to what might be causing this.
14
15 Could it be some lock file that was not removed when the machine is rebooted
16 or the wlan0 interface taken down? Any ideas how I can troubleshoot this?
17 --
18 Regards,
19 Mick