From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT : DSL modems & changing ISP
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 05:52:13
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2 > (2) IIRC I'm signed up for Gentoo lists as 'purslow@×××××××××.ca',
3 > so it looks as if I will need to resubscribe under the new ISP
4 > (I have a reply-to header pointing to my UoT address,
5 > but I delete it from e-mails to lists, as it caused problems in the past).
6 >
7 > Has anyone had other problems in this area I should know about (smile) ?
11 When I changed ISPs a good while back, I did it this way. Get my new
12 ISP and everything working as far as the connection and making sure
13 email works. Once that is done, subscribe to the mailing list and
14 confirm the subscription. After a little while you should start getting
15 emails from the list. After you are sure that you will be getting list
16 emails to the new email account, you can unsubscribe from the old list.
17
18 I have done this a couple times and it has always worked well for me.
19 Hope that helps.
20
21 Dale
22