From: Paul Klos <gentoo@××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user]ask for installation help!
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 08:08:44
1 Op vrijdag, november 21, 2014 14:57:57 schreef Giant Y:
2 > Hello, I am a Debian user and now want to try gentoo.
3 >
4 > Firstly, I install gentoo in Virtual box for practice. I follow the "quick
5 > install guide" on http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gentoo-x86-quickinstall.xml.
6 > Unluckily, this guide cannot help me install gentoo successfully.
7 >
8 > The problem is Grub2 cannot boot correct.
9 >
10 > The following picture show all items in /boot directory.
11 >
12 > When the system starts, it enters the grub2 console.
13 >
14 > ​
15 > I tried to boot manually, but failed.
18 > ​
19 > ​Please help me!
20 >
21 > -> posted by *Giant Y*
22 You should follow the grub setup from the handbook, the quick install guide
23 describes legacy grub.
24
25 I'm running Gentoo inside Virtualbox. I had to add
26
27 GRUB_PLATFORMS="pc"
28
29 to /etc/portage/make.conf to make grub2-install work.
30
31 Cheers,
32
33 Paul