From: Kfir Lavi <lavi.kfir@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Running out of space on /var partition
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 11:06:20
1 On Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > After some deliberation I've started emerging libreoffice. It gave the
4 > usual
5 > office suite warnings at the beginning that there isn't enough space in
6 > /var
7 > (I have 5.8G and it was asking for more than 7G+).
8 >
9 > Half way through the emerge I noticed that I have only 74M left and is
10 > going
11 > down fast! O_O
12 >
13 > OpenOffice was able to emerge in the past using this partition size without
14 > a
15 > problem. I've flushed logs and what not to free some space, but I'm
16 > thinking
17 > of extending the partition somehow. I don't run LVM on this machine so
18 > that's
19 > not a solution for this circumstance.
20 >
21 > Is there anything I can do with mount --rbind and could I do this in the
22 > middle of an emerge? I have another partition with loads of space in it,
23 > but
24 > it has a different fs on it (reiser4 instead of /var's ext4).
25 > --
26 > Regards,
27 > Mick
28 >
29 Copy /var/tmp/portage to the partition that you have space, then use 'bind'
30 command to mount.
31
32 Kfir