From: Alexander Kirillov <nevis2us@××××××××.su>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lost most locales after glibc upgrade
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:32:09
1 >> I've lost most of them locales after upgrade to glibc-2.3.6-r4.
2 >
3 > You'll need to create a /etc/locale.gen file. After that, read
4 >
5 > man 5 locale.gen
6 > man 8 locale-gen
7 >
8 > and run /usr/sbin/locale-gen
9
10 Yep. Thanks. Easy enough.
11 I've seen something of the sort in glibc-2.3.6-r4.log
12 The devs should probably mention in the notes
13 it doesn't take rebuilding the whole glibc
14 to fix the problem.
15
16 >> I don't have userlocales flag set either.
17 >
18 > As there *is* no such flag, there's really no need to set it.
19
20 The flag is still there in the handbook.
21 Sasha
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list