From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SpamAssassin is letting everything through
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 18:00:41
1 On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 04:47:57PM +0200, Jarry wrote:
2 > daniel wrote:
3 >
4 > >I've trained it with sa-learn on a whole slew of ham and spam and it
5 > >continues to let through nearly all the spam coming in.
6 >
7 > BTW, in which form do all emails have to be in order to use them as
8 > examples for spamassassin-learning? mbox (all mails in 1 file), or
9 > maildir (every mail is a separate file)? Or both are acceptable?
10
11 I know mbox works since I've been using it. I don't know whether
12 maildir works, but it is likely it does.
15 > What about MUA mail-folders? Can I use them? I have a lot of mails in
16 > mozilla/thunderbird mail-folder format, which is (I think) very close to
17 > mbox (every mailfolder is one file, e.g. one file for all Sent mails,
18 > etc), but I'm not sure if spamassassin would understand it as many mails
19 > in one file, separated by newline and "From - <date>" line...
20
21 Isn't that what mbox is? a blankline and From - <date>? If the actual
22 storage format is like that, I don't see why SpamAssassin won't work.
23
24 W
25 --
26 "Do you all understand? At this point I'll settle for quiet acquiescence."
27 ~DeathMech, S. Sondhi. P-town PHY 205
28 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 15 days, 20:51
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list