From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Can't see /dev/hda1,2,3 but I know they exist...
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 05:50:44
1 I performed a bit of an update on my laptop a day or two ago, and after
2 reboot, I lost the ability to do anything with /dev/hda*. I currently have 0
3 swap space, and according to stat, ls etc, they don't exist. But, booting to
4 an install CD I burned for diagnostic purposes, it sees them just fine.
5 Also, and this is the strange part. It boots no problem, so the OS is able
6 to mount at least /dev/hda3, even though from the command line I'm not
7 seeing it. I'm probably missing something completely dead obvious (it's
8 after midnight here and all), and Google's turning up nothing, so if someone
9 could kindly slap me in the face with it, that'd be appreciated. Thanks
10 either way for whatever help comes my way.