From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Questions about hacked sites and passwords
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:28:31
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:35:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> I use Lastpass which does about the same as other password managers.
5 > Doesn't LastPass store your passwords on their servers, and weren't they
6 > compromised last year? I'll stick with KeePassX, the password database is
7 > stored and encrypted locally. Even if I put it on DropBox, hacking that
8 > will only give the encrypted database.
12 None of the passwords were lost tho. They got everyone to change them
13 just in case but according to what I read, the hackers didn't get
14 anything. Keep in mind, they are encrypted locally, then sent to them.
15 They can't see the passwords either.
16
17 So, Lastpass is basically the same thing you use. It just has a
18 different name. lol
19
20 Dale
21
25 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!
26
27 Miss the compile output? Hint:
28 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"