From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using www-apps/jekyll?
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 14:31:38
1 On Thursday, 28 October 2021 21:54:50 GMT Jack wrote:
2 > > On Thursday, 21 October 2021 17:11:27 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > Hello list,
4 > > >
5 > > > I wanted to try this package to create a small site for myself, but
6 > >
7 > > I'm
8 > >
9 > > > falling at the second hurdle (the first was setting package.env etc
10 > >
11 > > to pull
12 > >
13 > > > in ruby26 as well as the currently installed ruby30).
14 > > >
15 > > > Does anyone have experience with this builder? I'd like to find out
16 > >
17 > > where
18 > >
19 > > > I'm going wrong first.
20 >
21 > I just noticed something which may or may not help. The jekyllrb.com
22 > docs page, under Prerequisites, says Ruby version 2.5.0 or higher. Why
23 > does the ebuild insist on 2.5 (no longer even in the tree) or 2.6. If
24 > I were going to install it, the first thing I'd probably do is make a
25 > copy in my local overlay, and allow a newer version of ruby. I don't
26 > think that is likely to help with your problem of not finding one thing
27 > or another, but who knows? (A note lower down on that page says that
28 > using ruby 3.0.0 or higher add a requirement for webrick, but that is
29 > available in portage, and could be handled in the ebuild.
30
31 I can't see any future in trying to get Jekyll going on Gentoo, so I'm trying
32 another tack: Kubuntu. Now I'm falling foul of VirtualBox, in particular its
33 guest additions, which won't compile. Bug 814197 refers.
34
35 So maybe it's time to try dual-boot.
38 Regards,
39 Peter.