From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} SSD instead of RAID1?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 12:33:53
1 On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 05:17:26 -0700, Grant wrote:
2
3 > OK, that's right. How can I find out if 4GB RAM (the current amount)
4 > is enough? From what I understand of how Linux handles memory, it
5 > will fill it up as quickly as possible, and then free it as necessary.
6 > This makes it difficult to determine how much RAM is necessary from
7 > watching top.
8
9 Use free to see how much of the memory is used by buffers and caches.
13 Neil Bothwick
14
15 I am Tagline of Borg. Prepare to assimilate me.