From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pppoe-start problem
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:35:53
1 On Tuesday 26 September 2006 03:18, Stephen Liu <satimis@×××××.com> wrote
2 about '[gentoo-user] pppoe-start problem':
3 > Hi folks,
4 >
5 > Gentoo_amd64
6 > gnome-light
7 >
8 > Frequently on running;
9 >
10 > # pppoe-start
11
12 Hrm, are we still using pppoe-start? I thought the new baselayout handled
13 pppoe (and other ppp connections) just like normal connections:
14 1. Configure in /etc/conf.d/net
15 2. Symlink net.$IFACE to net.lo
16 3. Start/Stop/Query via /etc/init.d/net.$IFACE
17
18 I could be thinking about testing (since I run ~amd64) and this may not
19 apply to stable, but have a look at /etc/conf.d/net.example and make sure
20 your configuration is correct.
21
22 If you think it is correct, please provide the output of:
23 /etc/init.d/net.eth0 start
24 and
25 grep -Ev '^[[:space:]]*(#|$)' /etc/conf.d/net
28 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
29 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
30 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
31 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh