From: "Stefán István" <stefi@××××××××××××.hu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] lack of openoffice and firefox binary for ppc
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 12:13:07
1 kedd 24 október 2006 13.59 dátummal Dale ezt írta:
2 > Stefán István wrote:
3 > > Hello!
4 > > What is the reason of the lack of binary packages of openoffice and
5 firefox
6 > > for ppc based machines?
7 > > Compiling oo takes a very long time, and on my machine it even ends with a
8 > > segmentation fault, so I couldn't install oo at all. In other ppc based
9 > > distroes I saw binary oo packages.
12 > > Thanks,
13 > > Istvan
16 > Hi,
17 >
18 > I'm not sure if this is a binary or not. May be worth looking into though.
19 >
20 > http://porting.openoffice.org/mac/download/index.html
21 >
22 > Hope that will help. That is a ugly beast to compile. It is a great
23 > test of your hardware though. If it is weak, OOo compiles will break
24 > it. :-(
25
26 Thanks for the reply.
27 The site you linked contains binary for macos, but I would like to use oo
28 under Gentoo. My machine is even not a mac, but a pegasos (maybe someone
29 heard about it :) ).
30 It is possible that my hardware is weak for compiling oo, because I have only
31 256M memory.
32 What is the hardware requirements of the oo compilation?
35 Thanks,
36 Istvan
39 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list