From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: bloated by gcc
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 07:35:15
1 On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM, J. Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > Did you compile the used libraries using the exact same options on both
7 > systems as well?
8 > When compiling a static binary, the libraries are included into the resulting
9 > binary.
10 > If the libraries on Gentoo are bigger, the resulting static binary will also
11 > be bigger.
12 >
13 Yes, the library (dietlibc) is compiled typing just "make". The
14 Makefile is not modified. I rebuild it with gcc 4.9.1. There are no
15 other libraries involved.
16
17 When using glibc I didn't made a static binary, and even so it was
18 larger on Gentoo.
19
20 Thanks
21