From: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New kernel broken nvidia-drivers
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:44:04
1 Mick wrote:
2 > Read your error again. It tells you to run make oldconfig to fix it.
3 > However, if you check my earlier message posted today about "Make errors with
4 > new kernel..." you'll see that I have not been able to emerge any drivers
5 > with the new kernel. I suspect a bug.
6
7 If you pay attention to that part, it is an echo statement, and it is
8 not echoed, thus not the solution to the problem. The files that it
9 tests for do exist in /usr/src/linux/include (and I always run make
10 oldconfig when building a new kernel). I just saw your thread though,
11 and it does seem pretty similar. I wonder if it's a problem with the
12 new kernel, or if the way to configure the things that the drivers need
13 has changed. Anybody else have a clue?
16 Randy Barlow
17 http://electronsweatshop.com
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list