From: roundyz@×××××××.ru
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] power management cannot change LCD brightness
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 13:33:40
1 Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2
3 >> Am Sonntag 28 Februar 2010 schrieb Xi Shen:
4 >> > hi,
5 >> >
6 >> > my system is gentoo amd64, kde 4.3. my laptop is thinkpad t61. after
7 >> > some configure in the kernel, and reboot with the new kernel, i can
8 >> > use the Fn+Home, and Fn+End to change the brightness of my lcd. but
9 >> > when i tried to change the lcd brightness by dragging the handle on
10 >> > the 'power management' tool, nothing happens. what else should i
11 >> > configure?
12 >>
13 >> It has never worked here, though I???m satisfied that I can use Fn+Crsr up/down,
14 >> which works on the HW level (even at boot).
15 >> --
16 >> Gru?? | Greetings | Qapla'
17 >>
18 >> Never argue with an idiot.
19 >> He brings you down to his level, then beats you with experience.
20
21 Hi,
22 fisrt see if proc and your kernel has it right, do:
23 cat /proc/acpi/video/GFX0/DD02/brightness
24
25 should give something like
26
27 levels: 13 25 38 50 63 75 88 100
28 current: 13
29
30 if that works, check permissions on the file and try to echo a level
31 number to it..
32
33 echo 13 > /proc/acpi/video/GFX0/DD02/brightness
34
35 it it changes then its down to the app, check the use flags of the app,
36 and see whats missing.
37
38 good luck
42 Regards,