From: Tim Igoe <tim@×××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey blocking mozilla and the mozilla blocking seamonkey
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 22:08:50
1 Jacob Klitmøller wrote:
2 > Hi
3 >
4 > Since Gnome 2.14 is marked stable I thought to upgrade :-)
5 >
6 > However when I try to emerge gnome I get
7 >
8 > [blocks B ] www-client/seamonkey (is blocking www-client/mozilla-1.7.13)
9 >
10 > or the other way around (mozilla blocking seamonkey) - trying to /etc
11 > /portage/package.mask is of no use since both is required. I have also
12 > tried fiddeling fith USE, but with no luck.
13 >
14 > How do I resolve this and get gnome 2.14 emerged?
15 >
16 > Thanks
17 >
18 > Jacob
19 >
20 Use emerge -uDpt to give a tree so you can see what package is pulling
21 in mozilla.
22
23 Mozilla has become Seamonkey, it might be that you need to remove
24 Mozilla to allow the updated ebuild (and name change) to take effect.
25
26 I have noticed there is one package (gtk-sharp i think) that still
27 depends on Mozilla instead of Seamonkey, I have just created a temp
28 ebuild, a copy of the original with the mozilla to seamonkey change and
29 stuck it in my overlay.
30
31 Hope that helps
34 Tim Igoe
35 http://tim.igoe.me.uk - Personal Site
36 http://tv.igoe.me.uk - UK TV Guide
37
38 "Computers are like Air-con, open windows and they stop working!"