From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Any way to signal emerge to stop after the current package?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:47:12
1 On 7/29/05, Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > > I have an 'emerge system' going on that will do 74 packages. I
5 > > would like to halt it for the evening and restart it tomorrow. Is
6 > > there anything more elegant then kill or Ctrl-C for doign this?
7 > >
8 > > Many thanks,
9 > > Mark
12 > Use Ctrl-Z instead and then in the morning use fg to restart it. Just kidding. Actually, when I had Software Suspend 2 setup on my computer I could leave emerge running through suspend to disk with no problems.
13 >
14 > If you're really going to do a full shutdown though, I recommend Ctrl-C and then "FEATURES=keepwork emerge --resume" in the morning. With keepwork portage won't clean up the builds automatically so you need to manually clean up PORTAGE_TMPDIR in order to reclaim diskspace.
15 >
16 > Zac
17
18 Thanks Zac. By the time this message came through it was at 72 out of
19 74 so I just let it finish. However I'll save the suggestion for next
20 time this comes up.
21
22 cheers,
23 Mark