From: Roman Dobosz <gryf73@××.pl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: pm-suspend problem
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 04:05:35
1 On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:46:00 -0400
2 Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I want to be able to suspend my machine to RAM overnight or when I'm out.
5 > The pkg to use seems to be Pm-utils, which I've installed.
6 > 'pm-suspend' does suspend, but only briefly :
7 > after 5 s , it restarts automatically & everything is back as before.
8 > The log file shows this happening quite clearly.
9 >
10 > What am I doing wrong ? Am I using the correct tool ?
11
12 From my experience it may depend on the hardware you use. For example,
13 on one of my laptops suspending worked ootb, on the other I have to
14 switch off the wake on lan functionality in bios (otherwise it wasn't
15 even able to properly power off), while on my wife laptop it's pretty
16 random thing - suspending work most the times, but sometimes it just
17 not. If you have particular hw (like Sony Vaio laptops) there is a need
18 to pass "acpi_sleep=nonvs" to the kernel to make it work.
19
20 Hope that helps.
23 -^- _