From: Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: vlc win32codecs on amd64
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:45:10
1 James wrote:
2 > Jakob Buchgraber <jakob.buchgraber <at> googlemail.com> writes:
6 >> As far as I am informed the win32codecs are not related to any
7 >> archticture, they just provide codecs used on Windows Systems.
8 >> Which errrors do you get?
11 > Hello Jakob
12 > Despite including 'win32codecs' in my USE flags and in the
13 > /etc/portage/package.use (for vlc) it shows win32codecs
14 > as not being a compiled in option.
15 >
16 > I just discovered that you can emerge 'win32codes', so is that
17 > what I have to do to use win32codecs with vlc on amd64 ?
20 > emerge -pv vlc
21 > [ebuild R ] media-video/vlc-0.8.6-r1 USE="X
22 > <snip>
23 > (-win32codecs)
26 > ???
29 > James
32 Yes. Try emerging the win32 codecs. They should actually be installed
33 automatically as a dependency. I don't think that there is a special
34 package for 64bit. Just use emerge --search or gentoo-portage.com to
35 find out if there are special amd64 packages available. Maybe
36 win64codecs ... :-)
37
38 Cheers,
39 Jay