From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: world favorites: pros and cons
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:06:13
1 Jim Ramsay schrieb:
2 > Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 >> * Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > Also, the world file is a simple way to keep a package version (by
5 >> > removing it from world), for instance, I don't wanna upgrade mysql
6 >> > with my nightly "emerge -uDN world", so, its not in my world file.
7 >>
8 >> Isn't there any way for nailing it down to some specific version ?
9 >
10 > Sure, mask anything higher than the version you want in
11 > your /etc/portage/package.mask file:
12 >
13 > >dev-db/mysql-4.1.20
14
15 And then put the ebuild you're using into a local overlay. Reason:
16 Sooner or later, the package might/will be dropped (as it's too
17 old) but you'll still need the ebuild.
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 "I'm not a god, I was misquoted."