From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange network problem
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 11:04:07
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 12:40 on Tuesday 07 September 2010, Mick did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > On Tuesday 07 September 2010 08:28:32 Maciej Grela wrote:
5 > > 2010/9/7 路 <xaoru2001@×××.com>:
6 > > > Hi ,everybody
7 > > >
8 > > > I've met a strang network problem.My gentoo Netbook can't
9 > > > access
10 > > >
11 > > > google and some other web sites after lying idle about more than half
12 > > > an hour's. But it can acesses other sites normally ,And can pinging
13 > > > ervery sites including google very well! The Only thing i can do is
14 > > > rebooting
15 > > >
16 > > > the system,and Network resume aftre that. I've googled a lot,and found
17 > > >
18 > > > nothing to solve this problem. :-(
19 > > >
20 > > > It borthered me a lot.Please help me!
21 > >
22 > > You should run wireshark and see what is happening when you are trying
23 > > to access google.
24 >
25 > If you can ping, but not resolve domain names then it could have something
26 > to do with the DNS servers that you or your ISP are using.
27
28 If he can ping www.google.com then his domain resolution must be working fine.
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com