From: Andreas Karlsson <hermes@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Hal, d-bus, automount, premissions
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:14:23
1 On Friday 07 October 2005 16.09, Remy Blank wrote:
2 > Andreas Karlsson wrote:
3 >
4 > The fstab is updated by hald. And the entry looks ok (it has the "user"
5 > option), except that I would remove "sync" for flash disks, as it will
6 > kill them in no time.
7
8 Yes, I did notice that hald is adding the line to fstab.
9
10 > The program actually doing the mount is ivman. You seem to be running it
11 > as root (probably started in the default runlevel, check with
12 > rc-status). Try running ivman as a normal user, for example by adding a
13 > symlink to the ivman binary in ~/.kde/Autostart (not sure about the
14 > location) so that it is started when you log in (if you use kde), and
15 > copy your ivman configuration to ~/.ivman. As it will then run as your
16 > user, it will also mount disks with your permissions.
17
18 Thanks. I tried it, but it didn´t work. ivman is running, but whenever I plug
19 in a USB-device, it is not automounted. If I do a 'mount /media/usbdisk' as
20 root it mounts. So this leads me to think that there are some major
21 permission problems somewhere, but I don´t know where to look.
22
23 Best regards,
24 Andreas Karlsson