From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: new version of gcc
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 00:17:20
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com> writes:
3 >
4 > Harry asked:
5 >
6 >>> Would I need to re-emerge just about everything?
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >
10 > Volker answered:
13 >> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gentoo+gcc+upgrade+guide&l=1
16 > Quoted from http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
17 >
18 > ,----
19 > | To be completely safe that your system is in a sane state, you must
20 > | rebuild the toolchain and then world to make use of the new compiler.
21 > `----
22 >
23 > I guess that is a yes.
29 That is a decent size upgrade. I know I would rebuild everything but I
30 bet there are some that wouldn't. Since you are planning a emerge world
31 anyway, why not. It makes good sense.
32
33 By the way, I'm using that version of gcc and I have not had any
34 problems so far. I'm x86.
35
36 Dale
37