From: Florian Philipp <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No man page for traceroute?
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:12:46
1 Am 06.11.2011 17:52, schrieb Alex Schuster:
2 > Florian Philipp writes:
3 >
4 >> Am 06.11.2011 14:13, schrieb Mick:
5 >>> Why would there be no traceroute(8) man page on my laptop?
6 >>>
7 >>> An older x86 box has it and displays it without fuss.
8 >>
9 >> It seems that the man page has been dropped from the package. Only the
10 >> old 2.0.3 version from sourceforge still contains it. I couldn't find
11 >> any mention on on bugs.g.o or traceroute-devel.
12 >
13 > I have traceroute-2.0.18 installed, and I do have the man page.
14 >
15 > Wonko
18 Oh, right. I've found the man page in the source tarballs. It just
19 changed location.
20
21 There is a bug in the original make file for 2.0.15 with a patch in the
22 portage tree. That probably causes the man page to be missing from the
23 install but my make-fu is not sufficient to verify that.
24
25 Regards,
26 Florian Philipp