From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] (sort of) strange things after upgrading the kernel
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 21:22:36
Hi, All

I have upgraded the kernel to gentoo-sources 3.4.9 and, for instance, k3b
to 2.0.2, and it says there is no optical devices. But "cdrecord --scanbus"
shows them all (a IDE dvd reader and a SATA dvd writer).

Most probably I have missed something, because I like to do some
customizations to the kernel configuration, but all SATA hard disks are
working, flash drives, and all the rest of the hardware goes ok.

I did not try to burn any DVD, but the players do OK with any of the
devices, so it is not a permission problem (I still have to correct this,
to make it persistent, but the k3b problem remains). It might be related to
some other thing, the desktop widget that used to show all the disks'
partitions, does not show anything any more, although "df" shows everything
just as expected.

Funny, isn't it?

Any ideas, please?

Thanks
Francisco

P.S.: attached follows the ".config" for this kernel

--
"If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you
and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have

config_3.4.9 application/octet-stream