From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge: The following pkgs are causing rebuilds
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2015 09:53:23
1 On 31 December 2015 02:50:32 GMT+00:00, Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > 151230 Harry Putnam wrote:
3 > > emerge output:
4 > > The following pkgs are causing rebuilds:
5 > > [list of pkgs]
6 > > I suspect this ground has been covered in depth
7 > > but finding a good discussion of what it means is a different story.
8 > > So, is this bad news? Or something that needs my attention...?
9 >
10 > It doesn't seem to be anything but noise : why does Portage list them
11 > ?
12 >
13 > --
15 > SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
16 > ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
17 > TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca
18
19 If it didn't we wouldn't have this thread. Instead we would have one on "why is portage rebuilding all these packages?". It's just portage keeping us informed. It also lets us make decisions on which rebuilds we can skip until more convenient.
20 --
21 Sent from my Android phone with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.