From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Homeboy (Gentoo) Cloud storage
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 20:26:19
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > If you are basically looking for "run my own dropbox" then I think
5 > owncloud should work for you.
6
7 Yes with the ability to add features to the framework as needed....
10 > I think mobile clients and replication to multiple servers are
11 > additional features that cost money, not included in the free version.
12
13 This app. area is new to me. What you have stated is what I have
14 sparsely gleened from reading about these offerings. So
15 I guess there is not robust, 100% open solution yet for roll
16 your own cloud (multisite) storage for the myria of connected
17 devices?
18
19 Or is there, and I just have not found it yet?
20 I'm a little leary of running upon source from a vendor
21 that sells or rents the really cool modules to you, for this
22 sort of critical need.
23
24 Other ideas or comments?
25