From: Victor <victor@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to contribute ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:21:24
1 On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 17:11:54 +0000 (UTC)
2 James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Victor <victor <at> enise.org> writes:
7 > > I have a couple of ebuilds for some software not in main tree,
8 > > mainly emacs and python modules.
9 > > What is the preferred way to contribute them without becoming a
10 > > Gentoo Developer?
11 >
12 > I think the preferred method (it takes time to go down the gentoo-dev
13 > or gentoo-proxy-maintainer pathways) is to setup a github acccount
14 > and post your body of work there because github makes it easy for
15 > folks to collaborate with you and your work.
16 >
17 > [...]
18 >
19 > > Should I post them to bugzilla or maybe send to `python' and `emacs'
20 > > overlays (if so, how?), or `sunrise' overlay? Or create my own
21 > > overlay?
22 >
23 > Yes, that way, we get immediate access to the ebuilds to test them
24 > out and give you feedback. Put up some details, related to these
25 > packages, either in bgo or a github/blog, particularly if they are
26 > part of a theme you are pursuing.
27
28 Thanks.
29
30 > Who knows, maybe you'll also want to bring turbogears2 to gentoo?
31 > That would be very, bery cool! Turbogears1 use to be part of the
32 > packages available. Turbogears2 is very cool [1].
33
34 I've never used turbogears, I'll take a note :)