From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeing up disk space problem!!
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:29:20
1 On Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:01:50 +0100, Alex Schuster wrote:
2
3 > If you instantly need more space, reduce the amount of reserved space
4 > for the superuser, which is 5% as default:
5 > tune2fs -m 2 /dev/your/partition
6 > Don't reduce it to 0, the lower this value is, the more fragmentation
7 > you will get.
8
9 Why is that? I would have expected more usable space to reduce the need
10 for fragmentation. I routinely use 0 on non-system filesystems.
14 Neil Bothwick
15
16 The dark ages were caused by the Y1K problem.