From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Postfix to relay mail even if acting as primary MX host?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:04:08
1 On Oct 14, 2011 1:01 AM, "Michael Orlitzky" <michael@××××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On 10/13/2011 06:17 AM, Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > >
5 > > I found this:
6 > >
7 > > http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html#backup
8 > >
9 > > is that the configuration I should use?
12 > More or less. I think you may even be able to simplify it a little. I'm
13 > honestly not sure what that warning is referring to, you might ask on
14 > the postfix list, I'm kinda curious. Anyway, the relay* settings work
15 > the way you think they do. We have the same setup here. This is part of
16 > the config on mx1.example.com.
17 >
18 > local_transport = error:local mail delivery is disabled.
19 > mydestination =
20 > relay_domains = cdb:/etc/postfix/maps/relay_domains
21 > relay_recipient_maps = cdb:/etc/postfix/maps/relay_recipient_maps
22 > relayhost = mail1.example.com
23 > virtual_transport = error:virtual mail delivery is disabled.
24 >
25 > You can set relayhost to do what you want:
26 >
27 > http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#relayhost
30 Ah, thanks!
31
32 Yeah, that "note" is quite puzzling. Neither man page nor Google-fu
33 explained what that note's supposed to mean, and no other
34 information/warning or even HOWTO to alleviate the supposedly 'problematic'
35 situation.
36
37 I'm going to ask my question in the Postfix list and relay my findings here.
38
39 Rgds,