From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kde 4.2 no prefixed problems
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 20:32:02
1 On Friday 13 February 2009 19:01:32 Andrés Becerra Sandoval wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I installed kde-4.2 with USE="kdeprefix" two weeks ago and everything
5 > I needed was working all right.
6 >
7 > Then I decided to change my USE flags and delete kdeprefix in order to
8 > have kde in /usr. After that I:
9 >
10 > - Did an emerge -uDN world
11 > - Deleted my user folders .kde*
12 >
13 > The result was a kde-4.2 merged back, but with the following
14 > applications crashing:
15
16 Unmerge EVERYTHING related to KDE-4.2. Every last package you can find,
17 including Qt. Inspect emerge --depclean carefully and run it. Examine your
18 world and make sure there's nothing left from KDE4. Make especially sure you
19 are not mixing stuff from an overlay and the portage tree.
20
21 Then rebuild the whole lot the way you want it with the actual USE flags you
22 want. This seems the wrong way round, but it isn't. I spent almost a week
23 struggling to no avail with krunner and kopete doing the same things as yours,
24 when complete reinstall fixed all of it in 8 hours.
28 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com