From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I applied mkswap on root partition
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:07:38
1 On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 16:45 -0600, Teng Wang wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > Today, I applied mkswap on root partition by accident ( I thought that
5 > was swap, but it is root). And since this is the only system on my
6 > laptop, I even don't dare to reboot my computer after that. Does it
7 > really matter? Or what should I do to recover?
10 Didn't mkswap tell you the device is in use... Actually it doesn't :( I
11 just did what you did in a VM and "find /" returns just / ... so I think
12 you're screwed... but you do have backups right?
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list