From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A pure Plasma/qt5 machine - fact or fantasy?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 13:17:22
1 On 07/03/2016 14:40, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 > I've done a, somewhat poor, piecemeal upgrade of a KDE 4 machine to
4 > Plasma. I'm still faced with a mix of 4/Plasma applications and it
5 > doesn't appear to be getting any better. Is it possible to have a pure
6 > qt5/Plasma install?
7
8 Not yet, unless you wan to do without certain very useful apps that are
9 still KDE 4 SC. Like Okular.
10 >
11 > I think I've probably got "masks" and "enables" and "uses" all over the
12 > place confusing everything - or have I.
13
14 That's normal for this stage of the game
15
16 > Has anyone else reached "Plasma
17 > Nirvana"?
18