From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why does emerge want to downgrade firefox/xul-runner?
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:59:41
1 On 2009-08-25, Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Grant Edwards<grant.b.edwards@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 >> Were firefox 3.5.2 and xulrunner 1.9.1.2 marked as stable last
5 >> week and then changed back to unstable this week?
6 >
7 > I think so, yes. If you read the Changelog file, it shows this:
8 >
9 > 21 Aug 2009; Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
10 > mozilla-firefox-3.5.2-r1.ebuild:
11 > revert all stable keywords
12 >
13 > 20 Aug 2009; Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
14 > mozilla-firefox-3.5.2-r1.ebuild:
15 > Stable for HPPA (bug #280393).
16 >
17 > 20 Aug 2009; Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
18 > mozilla-firefox-3.5.2-r1.ebuild:
19 > stable x86, security bug 280393
20
21 I forgot about the ebuild changelog file -- I knew I should
22 have been able to figure this out somehow. It was the
23 afternoon/night of the 20th that they got upgraded. Heck, the
24 packages were probably back to unstable before the all of
25 builds finished.
26
27 For other packages I wouldn't care much, but flipping back and
28 forth between "semi-major" versions of firefox/xulrunner is
29 both fairly disruptive and takes hours and hours of build-time.
30
31 I guess I'll leave them as-is for a while. Firefox 3.5 is
32 noticably snappier, and downgrading them will take all evening.
35 Grant Edwards grante Yow! You were s'posed
36 at to laugh!
37 visi.com