From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wireless help?
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 06:39:36
1 I'm trying to set up a new laptop's wireless interface. lspci says it
2 has an Atheros AR5006EG which should mean the madwifi drivers. I
3 emerged madwifi-ng and madwifi-ng-tools, created net.ath0 as a link to
4 net.lo, and set the ath_pci module to autoload (which it does without
5 errors) but I get:
6
7 network interface ath0 does not exist
8 Please verify hardware or kernel module (driver)
9
10 when trying to start net.ath0. Does this sound like a driver support
11 problem or did I miss something? ifconfig only shows eth0 and lo.
12 iwconfig shows, eth0, lo, and sit0. I don't know what sit0 is.
13
14 - Grant
15 --
16 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list