From: "de Almeida
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] System.map not found - unable to check symbols
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 14:05:33
1 I tried the make all option and it added a /boot -> .
2 Inside /boot. Also, a menu.lst file was created inside /boot/grub that
3 points to grub.conf. Other than that there no changes/additions we made.
4
5 I rebooted and had the same problem occurring:
6
7 System.map not found -- unable to check symbols
8
9 Thanks for your inputs.
12 Valmor
15 -----Original Message-----
16 From: Alexander Skwar [mailto:listen@×××××××××××××××.name]
17 Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 1:12 AM
18 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
19 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] System.map not found - unable to check
20 symbols
21
22 de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
23
24 > System.map not found - unable to check symbols.
25 >
26 > which doesn't seem to cause problems during/after booting (??).
27 >
28 > I did a manual kernel compilation
29
30 To do this, I always do:
31
32 make all modules_install install
33
34 This will do all the necessary steps.
35
36 Alexander Skwar
37 --
38 It is impossible to experience one's death objectively and still carry a
39 tune.
40 -- Woody Allen
41 --
42 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list