From: "Yuri K. Shatroff" <yks-uno@××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 20:14:04
1 On 24.02.2014 22:55, Mark David Dumlao wrote:
2 [...]
3 >
4 > I didn't attribute anything to you you didn't say. It just so happens, though
5 > that there is a context to this conversation, which, if you ignore, just
6 > tends to perpetuate a lot of confusion. I am responding to questions and
7 > points in that context for the benefit of the larger conversation, not
8 > just for you.
9
10 I'll be short.
11
12 You also ignored much of what I asked, and tend to answer "that's
13 besides the point" to things which IMO matter.
14 If you are responding to my post, then I'm expecting you to be replying
15 to me, rather than to the benefit of the larger conversation, if you
16 didn't say otherwise. ;-)
17 As for the context, I was answering to Alan's ``I've been wondering
18 about this concept of "the*nix design principles"... `` which (as well
19 as my answer) didn't mention systemd and openrc at all.
20 In this thread, there's already a rattling mixture of contexts. I'm
21 opting out of it, because I no longer see the benefit of the larger
22 conversation here.
23 Nevertheless, thank you for your time and answers.
26 Best wishes,
27 Yuri K. Shatroff