From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How to increase console (text) screen resolution
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 07:04:10
1 On Thursday 08 Dec 2011 23:44:25 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de> writes:
3 > > AFAIK you also need to use a supporting Graphics driver. I, for instance,
4 >
5 > Even for a no X setup?. What ever it needs must be there since it
6 > pops up in a high resolution, but then drops back. If the good
7 > weren't there to create that resolution, I doubt it would enter a high
8 > res at all.
9
10 Have you tried passing something like:
11
12 video=1024x768
13
14 to your kernel line? I know this is a KMS way of specifying the resolution,
15 but it may just work with recent kernels.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick