From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is --changed-deps going to be *that* useless?
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:15:29
1 On 26/02/18 17:59, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 >> Can't you whitelist packages like automake so that they don't trigger
3 >> rebuilds? Or at least provide a configurable whitelist (for make.conf) where
4 >> we can add packages that don't trigger changed-deps rebuilds?
5 >>
6 >> There is no reason to rebuild anything just because of an automake update.
7 >> This is just madness.
10 > Are you using --deep? I suspect that is why changed-deps is looking
11 > at build-time dependencies. I don't see why you'd need to rebuild
12 > something if a build-time dependency changes, unless you really care
13 > about building with the latest build system (in which case you
14 > probably would want to rebuild after an automake update).
15
16 Yes, I use --deep. I've run into cases many times in the past where
17 portage was skipping updates unless I used --deep.