From: Helge Kaltenbach <sap@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] looking for a cataloging software
Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 11:37:59
1 hi everybody,
2
3 i've been searching for a nice little file cataloging software for two
4 days straight now, but somehow i can't really find what i'm looking for.
5
6 the situation:
7 i have about 230 pdf files, essays, comments, press articles etc.
8
9 what i want:
10 i want to index all of these pdfs, and i want to add notes.
11 i'm not looking for something to search through these pdfs!
12 the most comfortable thing i can think of right now would look like
13 this: i open the program, there is some sort of "add" function and i can
14 select a file to add to my catalog/index...and i need to be able to add
15 and search for notes. these notes consist of name of newspaper/magazine
16 the article appeared in, date it appeared, name of the author, general
17 notes (e.g. related topics etc, what i think of the article etc)
18 then i dream of a search function to look for either author, date, one
19 of the general notes etc..
20
21 i tried mylibary
22 http://www.people.virginia.edu/~yc2w/MyLibrary/
23
24 the functions are fine, but it keeps crashing on me and it has a buggy
25 mouse function etc...i added about 30 articles a few days ago, then it
26 crashed -> all notes and information i made to all of these 30 articles
27 were gone
30 any ideas?
31
32 thanks in advance