From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:47:42
1 On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 03:58:08PM -0700, Grant wrote
2 > > shotwell keeps crashing when I import photos with "Copy Photos" as
3 > > opposed to "Import in Place". I've been over this thoroughly with the
4 > > shotwell list and they've come to these conclusions:
5 > >
6 > > "There may be something about the configuration mapper on your machine
7 > > that is just broken."
8 > >
9 > > "the problem occurred deep inside of the GSettings-to-GConf mapper
10 > > (gconfsettingsbackend)"
11 > >
12 > > "ask the Gentoo packagers why they're using a GSettings-to-GConf
13 > > mapper, because GSettings is designed as an evolution over GConf and
14 > > should have no relation to it whatsoever"
15 > >
16 > > Can anyone shed any light on any of this? Should I file a Gentoo bug?
17 > >
18 > > - Grant
19 >
20 > Any ideas guys?
21
22 I don't know if this is related or not, but GNOME seems to be in the
23 middle of migrating away from Gconf to Gsettings. In plain English,
24 Gconf is being deprecated, and may not be supported in your case.
25
26 I ran into a problem with the GNUMERIC spreadsheet. A couple of
27 additional toolbars appeared, and the bottoms of my graphs are now
28 pushed off the bottom of the screen. Does anybody know what I have to
29 do to *PERMANENTLY* hide the additional toolbars? I can hide them
30 manually, but they reappear next time I start GNUMERIC. I can't find
31 any options in any of the menus to do this permanently. Is there a file
32 I can edit somewhere?
35 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
36 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications